Highlights from that Saturday morning visit include:
- A spazzy Daisy asking for green tea when I was dying for coffee because it seems like if you're at your UU minister's adorable East End townhouse asking for counseling you're supposed to drink some green tea.
- The question gently asked, "Who are you, besides Molly's mother?" and met with a shaking, sobbing "I. Have. No-o-o-o-o-ooo idea..."
- Their observation that I haven't grieved my mom really and the suggestion that I write her a goodbye letter.
Sunday I baked my first completely-from scratch pie: a savory tomato and mozzarella quiche-like thing of great deliciousness. (Happened on a pie-crust hack flipping through TV shows recently; I'll share soon.) Today I baked white bread, and brownies, but this last was from a mix. The bread was gorgeous and yummy, and when it was about five minutes out of the oven, Miss Mollybird took a break from her alphabet soup (her favorite pot and lid filled with her letter magnets) to find a tiny plastic knife from her tea set and anihilate the crust of the bread.
Tonight, Papaw had a toddler jones, so Bu took Bird up to their place. He's at a friend's place practicing acoustic guitar. He officially abandoned the bass this weekend and borrowed an Epiphane guitar from his grandfather. Epiphane is my favorite word. I asked him to learn "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" to
serenade me for our fourth anniversary. In three weeks... :)
Also this weekend:
- Girl's night out with excellent boobs and souster bonding.
- An awful jagged gash in my knee from an utterly inexplicable maneuver during a goofy makeout session against the kitchen countertop. I think I cut it on a cabinet door handle.
- A great salad with sesame ginger dressing- a vegan lunch inspired by a night of Bad, Bad Feelings in My Belly resulting from ice cream. There will henceforth be no ice cream and significantly less dairy.
- A strange dream in which the Birdy became Hayden Pannetierre (how you spell?) and was a cloistered teenage avatar of the Maiden Goddess. Again, I vow no more ice cream before bed.