It's a safe place to broadcast a mosaic of unfiltered musing. I know that when I leave, other seekers and thinkers crawl in and make a nest of leftover zines and thrift-store sweaters, and they hunker down and read the latest entries. When I'm very lucky, they make post-it sized notes then fold them into tiny paper airplanes that sail in through an open window in a storybook house.
Here, I tear some small pieces, and grab a few color sharpies. I start scratching, and you find these, tucked under a coffee urn, a cracked mirror, and a box with a star cut-out. Because these are things that live in my blanket fort.
- My hair is a mess, but I really like it. I have to fuss with it, and ...like, sculpt it, but the length is fun.
- Molly is fascinating. I study her like a cultural anthropologist. Her word for dangerous is "dange-wix" and I'm in love with that. She's also learned to lie- "I ceen oweddy, Mama. I oweddy had bath!" This amuses me and pleases me, for to make art or create is to craft a lie. To make stories, like her windy, tinkling tales of our adventures. She is Jack very often, or Mowgli. Beanstalks & jungles. Daddy is always a giant, pronounced with a dz.
- I'm sleeping lately like heavenly opium angels are drugging me, and so is the baby.
- I'm struggling with weird, twisty social anxiety that people are insisting will be cured by venturing more often into the world of people- who live outside of my computer. *shudder.*
- Goldie's sick, and I'm secretly loving driving the fancy car, The Bean even though my commute got insane with taking the Bu to work and retrieving him. But, my ass is heated through leather (bought used, though. 'S OK) and I can control everything! With buttons! Even windows! And locks!
- And I could choose from 7 CDs, but why? I has iPod now, a first generation Nano I think.
- The Raconteurs' song Blue Veins? Oh. Gods: YES!
Image is a paper sample from E.B.B. Creations. Please do not tell my educated art friends that I have a weakness for scrapbooking. I don't actually do it, but I really like to fondle all the precious accessories.