In the midst of one of these "What is human?" obsessions, I make little lists of reasons to enjoy being an earthiling grooving in the digital age. Following is an incomplete, impromptu list.
Things That Make It Worth The Weirdness of Being A First-World Human Today:
- Hot running water- more specifically, the bath
- Oral Contraceptives
- Emergency Oral Contraceptives:) You'd think a Modern Human could read an effing calender, but awareness of monthly body goings-on is not my strong suit.
- Coca-Cola. Such delicious, guilty goodness.
- Text messaging, Twitter, etc.
- Hair clippers
- Adobe Photoshop
- Digital Watches*
- Corrective surgery allowing a pinch/grip hand and functional equipment for intercourse/baby-birthing.
- Tattoo machines. I have a good pain threshold but if my tattoos had to be all Maori-like with the hammery hardcoreness... um, no.
- Heating pads
- the mp3
- Electric can-openers
Anyone have any favorites to add?