And so I find myself in a warm, blurry conundrum. To wit: my beautiful friend L brought me a fantastic bottle of Three Blind Moose* and I finished it except for the modest, darling little glasses she poured herself. And then I realized I'd not yet regaled my bleaders with an exciting account of my pre-admissions tests at the hospital. So I was forced to decide whether to violate NO DRUNK BLOGGING or NO FUCKING UP NABLOPOMO. I consulted the Most Holy Law Book of Blogtopia and it turns out you can totally blog drunk if it's in November provided you are a female-identified blogger who doesn't do the hairy Movember thing.
So, here are the highlights of my day:
1. Speaking of hairy, a nurse performing an EKG on me gasped very southern-ly, "Ooh- someone didn;t shave her legs!" To which I replied, "I think I may have in 2002."
2. A lovely visit with the aforementioned L, who BY MAGIC TELEPATHY guessed that I LIVE for spinach artichoke dip.
3. A card from Dr. Voodoo's office, where I met L, wishing me well with my surgery.
4. Learning that my stay in hospital is estimated at 1-2 nights rather that 3-4. w00t.
5. WINE. NOM. We had Pino Grigio.
photo courtesy http://winecompass.com
*Try being drunk and NOT accidentally typing Three Bling Moose 8,000 times. Triple dog dare.